I told Dad I’d post some before and after pictures of the big project I’ve been working on, a major clean-up my perennial garden.
So here’s the before:
That little string fence is to divide the part that stays wild and shaggy from the part that’s going to turn into a well-behaved perennial garden. Along that line, there’s going to be a swale, just as soon as it stays dry long enough for me to dig it. I’ve only dug a little starter trench, and the weather’s been so wet I can’t do much else with it yet.
The above picture showcases the plant I spent the most hours removing: lamium, a ground cover I put in back when I first planted the area, because I didn’t have anywhere near enough money to buy other plants to fill it up. (And no, I don’t know why this photo decided to behave differently from the rest on the page.)
On to the after pictures:
In the new version, you can actually see the ground! Or the mulch, really. Since it was a pretty large area, I used six sacks of cocoa bean mulch.
This was phase two of my yard makeover, phase one being last year’s front yard veggie garden. I don’t think I’ll be waiting another year for phase three!